Saturday, August 13, 2011

This blog is living up to it's name...

So once again I get too busy to type on this thing, except instead of reading for school I'm reading for fun.

I've officially read the entire Harry Potter series now and was surprised that I wasn't enthralled with it.  It was good, but not as good as I thought it would be.

Since finishing HP, I've read the complete Hunger Games series which is absolutely fantastic!  I have to say...I think I'm a little in love with Peeta.  The movie is currently in production and I can see this as being nearly as big as Twilight...only nearly because there are fewer books.

I also just finished the latest in the Parasol Protectorate series, "Heartless." As always Gail Carriger is a master wordsmith in an amazing Steampunk version of Victorian London.  The writing reminds me a great deal of the narrator from "Pushing Daises," which was an amazing show that I miss greatly.

If you are keeping count, this means I've read 17 books since the beginning of June.  I already have the next few lined up and at the end of this month the last in the Georgina Kincaid series from Richelle Mead comes out and I can't wait!  I've have my guesses about how it all ends for the last 2 books and now I'll finally find out how it all ends!  It's so hard for an author to surprise me with plot twists, but I do love to find out if I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment